Predict Future Outcomes
Proactively understand the maze of damage mechanisms found in your facility and select the best inspection method for each type of damage to reduce costly fixed equipment failures and increase operational safety.
DamageWeb, a cloud-based tool, is the only software created to specifically help inspection and maintenance personnel streamline the process of pinpointing damage mechanisms and identifying potential risk areas. With a technical basis in API RP 571 and WRC 489, DamageWeb software is designed to help you quickly classify and understand the potential damage mechanisms.
Experience DamageWeb for yourself.
Develop maintenance and inspection strategies
Identify areas of vulnerability
Extend the life of equipment
Maximize damage tolerance in process units
Process Flow Diagrams
Easily access process flow diagrams (PFDs) to see where damage is likely to occur and cross-reference with API RP 571 for additional insight.
- Read the code! All active damage mechanisms are hyperlinked to API RP 571
- Visualize and understand damage mechanisms with color coded corrosion loops
- Access corrosion loops aligned to API RP 571 standard PFDs
Custom Damage Mechanism Drawings
Improve communication and understanding throughout your organization with customized PFDs by process unit or process. E2G will help import your custom PFDs into DamageWeb to streamline inspections and damage mechanism identification.
The customized PFDs:
- Organize drawings in folders by unit within a plant
- Identify different damage mechanisms using the legend or labels
- Provide key plant personnel (inspection, operations, and reliability) with consistent damage mechanism information
- Access corrosion rate and cracking susceptibility for applicable damage mechanisms
Damage Mechanisms Solver
Quickly identify and view critical factors affecting the applicable damage mechanisms in your process unit with the built-in solver. Investigate each active or potential damage mechanisms with the interactive sort and filter functionality.
You can sort or filter damage mechanisms by:
- Process unit
- Material of construction
- Operating temperature
- Damage source or morphology
- Diagrams & photos
Accurately analyze corrosion rates for multiple materials using DamageWeb’s real-time display, interactive sliding controls, and enhanced graphics. DamageWeb provides calculations for:
High-temperature hydrogen attack (HTHA)
Oxidation corrosion rates
API 581 compatible susceptibility calculators (amine, sulfide stress, caustic cracking)
Types of Damage Mechanisms
Use DamageWeb software to identify the 67 damage mechanisms in API RP 571 3rd Edition, including:
- Brittle Fracture is the sudden unstable crack propagation that shows little-to-no ductility or plastic deformation
- Sulfidation is caused when sulfur is exposed to high temperatures (>700°C/1290°F) and reacts with the chemical compounds in metals or alloys
- Corrosion under insulation (CUI) develops when there is trapped water or moisture on surfaces covered with insulation
- High-Temperature Hydrogen Attack (HTHA) is often difficult to detect, HTHA causes the degradation of carbon and low alloy steels exposed to hydrogen gas and is often difficult to detect
- Wet Hydrogen Sulfide (Wet H2S) affects the load-carrying capacity of pressure retaining equipment and leads to hydrogen blistering, hydrogen induced cracking (HIC), stress-oriented HIC, and sulfide stress cracking
Long-term subscriptions provide flexibility and scalability to meet facility or corporate needs.
The 30-day subscription is designed to meet immediate project requirements.
E2G’s proprietary software is built by industry experts and used by our consulting engineers on fitness-for-service (FFS), damage mechanism reviews, risk-based inspection (RBI) assessments and other asset lifecycle management projects. E2G software is updated frequently to meet the latest API and ASME codes and standards.
- Have 380+ years of combined experience
- Pioneered development of FFS and RBI
- Are the primary authors on WRC 528 and WRC 562
- Serve as lead investigators on API 579 and API 571
Recently Published in the Equity Sound Bytes Newsletter
Based upon a presentation from the API RBI Software User Group Meeting, September 2021 Risk-based inspection (RBI) is an important inspection planning methodology in the refining, petrochemical, and chemical industries as
Based upon a presentation from the SagePlus™ Software User Group Meeting, September 2021 – Access the session recordings here: High operating temperatures can degrade