Static & Dynamic Piping Stress Analysis
Piping systems are designed to withstand a variety of external and internal stresses; however, any variation in mechanical or thermal loading, fluid flow, or weight may cause failure. With SIMFLEX-IV, you can proactively evaluate dynamic and static stresses to maintain integrity and code compliance across your entire piping system.
SIMFLEX-IV is a cloud-based piping stress analysis software that will help you prevent potential failures by improving the structural integrity of piping systems and supporting structures. The intuitive once-through workflow calculates code compliance analysis, spring hanger design, rotating equipment load compliance reports, anchor and support load combination tables, and nozzle stresses, with or without friction, all in one run.
Experience SIMFLEX-IV for yourself.
When to use SIMFLEX-IV
SIMFLEX-IV is a fast and easy way to integrate advanced static and dynamic piping stress analysis into your daily workflow. Assess sustained, occasional, and displacement stresses at every data point throughout the piping system.
- Apply piping loads to structural integrity and system operability components, including rotating equipment, flanges, tank connections, etc.
- Automatic selection of spring hangers
- Prepare maximum anchor and restraint load tables depending on different combined operating conditions.
Visualize and explore calculation results using the advanced 2D and 3D visualization capabilities.
- View all input data on one screen for faster and more efficient data entry
- Check geometry using the 3D view of input piping systems
- Output detailed text results for clear and easy review
- View deformations and stress contours over the entire piping system, for all load cases analyzed
Integrated B31.J Analysis Capabilities
ASME B31.J provides standardized flexibility and stress intensification factors for all piping components and branch connections.
- Fully integrated into SIMFLEX-IV for faster and easier analysis.
- Automatically detect an unlimited number of SIF locations and flexibility factors
- Only a single keyword is needed, to analyze any piping system to ASME B31.J
SIMFLEX-IV Key Features
SIMFLEX-IV performs piping stress analysis to help you achieve maximum accuracy and productivity, using the following features:
- Standard piping-language input format that uses industry standard terms
- Analysis capabilities for code compliance, spring design, rotating equipment load compliance, anchor & support load combination, and much more
- Complies with the latest editions of ASME B31.1, B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, and B31.J
- Automatically combines all stresses into different categories to simplify code requirement comparisons
- Output report is complete, including all piping system data and load case results
- Friction with unlimited supports and multiple load cases
- Underground piping analysis with soil modeling and friction
- Automated analysis of pressure vessel nozzle attachments according to WRC 107 (WRC 537)
SIMFLEX-IV Subscriptions & Pricing
Long-term subscriptions provide flexibility and scalability to meet facility or corporate needs.
The 30-day subscription is designed to meet immediate project requirements.
Under development since 1980, SIMFLEX-IV uses the code developed by Liang-Chuang Peng, author of Pipe Stress Engineering, to advance and simplify piping stress analysis. Since 2018, we have expanded the analysis capabilities, launched the cloud-based interface, and improved the flexibility and extensibility of the program. Peng remains the foremost industry expert on piping stress engineering and SIMFLEX-IV carries his knowledge and expertise into the future.
- Developed by Liang-Chuan Peng, pioneer of piping technology and author of the definitive reference on pipe stress engineering
- Technical accuracy and, incorporates latest Codes and Standards
- Used by E2G engineers on consulting projects
- Development team uses its facility and owner-operator experience to solve industry-specific challenges
Recently Published in the Equity Sound Bytes Newsletter
Authors: Donald L. Brown, Ph.D., Consulting Researcher I; Edrissa Gassama, Ph.D., Senior Researcher II; Daniel Spring, Ph.D., Group Head Consulting Researcher I
SIMFLEX-IV, the latest update to E2G’s cloud-based piping stress analysis software, will help you prevent potential failures by improving the structural integrity of piping systems and supporting structures. In a single run, you will be able to assess sustained, occasional, and displacement stresses at every data point throughout the piping system. This article introduces you to fast and easy ways to integrate advanced static and dynamic piping stress analysis into your daily workflow.
Author: Daniel W. Spring, Ph.D., Group Head Consulting Researcher I
The newly launched eec platform delivers accurate engineering calculations using the speed and flexibility of the cloud. The refreshed interface and dashboard layout are streamlined to make it faster and easier to make informed decisions on safety and reliability. The eec remains your one-stop platform to help you manage risk and control inspection costs throughout a facility’s lifecycle.
Access the E2G Help Desk
E2G’s software support help desk is available from 8:00AM to 4:00PM Eastern time (-5 GMT).
Software clients will receive an initial response from the E2G Help Desk within one business day.