TURNAROUND PLANNING & SUPPORT
Are you Ready for Your Next Turnaround?
Did you know 66% of turnarounds (TARs) finish late and overrun budget by 10% or more?
As one of the most significant portions of a plant’s yearly maintenance budget, TARs are a significant risk to the bottom line that is directly related to the level of readiness. While operations plan for the loss of production during the outage, the potential for lengthening the shutdown window is very high.
A successful TAR requires project scope management, minimum schedule delays, controlled costs, and transparent communication.
E2G offers in-person or virtual support to help you make fast, informed decisions before or during the scheduled shutdown to help you make the right decisions at the right time to maximize your return.
Invest in the reliability and future performance of your site's assets with a properly executed turnaround.
Proactive Turnaround Support
|Pre-Turnaround Planning||Turnaround Execution||Post-Turnaround Planning|
|Begin TAR planning several years before the scheduled shutdown to minimize unplanned work scope and reduce overall downtime.||Onsite or virtual TAR support will improve communication, control project costs, and reduce schedule delays.||Increase the effectiveness of future TARs by summarizing the findings and reviewing recommendations and follow-up actions.|
Available services: ||
FFS assessments are applicable before and during a shutdown. E2G recommends conducting proactive FFS assessments to support an efficient and effective TAR.
Review the results of detailed remaining life evaluations, rigorous engineering evaluations, and damage mechanism reviews to streamline TAR planning.
The benefits of a proactive FFS assessment are:
- Extend equipment life and optimize inspection intervals and inspection tasks
- Understand the effects of and potential for future damage progression
- Establish screening tools to aid in NDE and flaw sizing exercises
During the shutdown, conduct an FFS assessment when flaws or damage are discovered during equipment shutdown inspections or on-stream inspections.
The benefits of a reactive FFS assessment are:
- Make informed run, repair, or replace decisions during the shutdown
Implement an RBI program at least two years before a TAR to strategically plan inspection activities, maintain equipment reliability, and control costs.
- Pre-TAR Planning – we will help you develop a solid inspection plan to perform quality assurance checks, identify issues, and collaborate with our multi-disciplinary team.
- Post-TAR – we will update your RBI program on a short- or long-term basis to maintain its integrity and validity.
Support TAR planning and shutdown strategies with clearly defined IOWs and CCDs at your facility. Our team will develop thorough CCDs and customized IOWs for each process unit by analyzing your equipment’s specific operation, stream chemistry, and metallurgy to minimize the likelihood of damage.
Turnaround Support Expertise
Our mechanical and structural engineering team has extensive experience with inspection, evaluation, repairs, and remaining life assessments for equipment. As pioneers of FFS technologies and lead investigators on many international standards, our team combines their extensive experience with state-of-the-art technology to help extend the lifecycle of your existing assets and create safe operating environments.
- Have 200+ years of combined field experience
- Pioneered development of FFS
- Are the primary authors on WRC 528 and WRC 562
- Serve as the lead investigators on API 579 and API 571
- Provide emergency onsite support within 24 hours